Monday, June 16, 2008

And Yes!! Finally I sky Dived!!

After a long wait and gathering enough courage, we all geared up for Sky Diving! One adventure sport I always wanted to do. And it equally paid off my excitement and the risk involved! Believe me, it is one of the most amazing experiences one can have. My wish of flying nearly got fulfilled!!
We started with a plane ride of about 20 minutes to reach a height of 10000 feet. First I was monitoring the ground ..and soon I was going over the clouds. A little wait to reach the proper height of the jump and I could feel my heart thumping harder. And then the plane door opened, I peeked down and I could not imagine myself to jump from there! But before I could get more scared, I was already out into the sky!! I fell freely until we crossed the clouds, and then I could see some green spots far down. I was smiling, but my facial muscles were stretched fully! It was amazing feeling! After some 30 secs the parachute opened and my 120 mph acceleration was gone. It was at that point that I started appreciating the beautiful view from above the grounds. My trainer did a few spins to increase the fun (and my heart beat too!!). Soon we were descending fast and I glided smoothly on the ground. No injury.. no pain.. great fun! That was my experience with sky diving!!

1 comment:

Shiv said...

Congratulations :) My turn is coming this August (if things go as planned) :D