Friday, October 19, 2007

...and can fly without wings!

I always wanted to , and still want to fly! That one thing I have envied birds of- they can fly whenever and to wherever! Though they quite have difficulties in their lives and I would leave that out from this blog. So to fulfill my aspiration, I wanted to do something as near as flying(and not merely free falling). Parachuting is a good option but I found sky-diving even more exciting. Skydiving- this is the activity I currently have on top of my adventure to-do list. I was reading about it and it is an art! According to Wikipedia , if you can maneuver your body in the right way, you can fly like a bird! Except that you cannot go back up, because for that either you need an upward thrust or a light weight streamlined body (birdlike may be)!!

A typical jump involves traveling around 13000 feet, which would certainly be a great experience. And you don't always have the free fall feeling as after you attain a terminal velocity, it is a swift motion. So it looks like with a little training and maneuvering, my dream of fying can be nearly fulfilled!!
And I would like to end with a friend's comment which is like- Sky Diving is easier (probably)for acrophobics!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so the next blog I suppose woould be "My Sky diving ecperience"?

Only a girl could have written this stuff.. take a YO on that.

PS: My friend once jumped from the second floor holding an umbrella. All the best! :D

Unknown said...

I still wonder how sky-diving would be easier for acrophobics.. but hope the experience ends up ending that phobia...

I am gonna try that stuff myself soon. it would be one hell of an experience..